Our culture has changed so much in the last few years! Now you can order almost anything online and have it delivered to your doorstep. While this has serious perks it can have drawbacks with things that are better purchased offline. For example, insurance! If you need new coverage or would like to review your policies, your agency has a big advantage over buying insurance online. Here's a quick list of ways we think it makes a difference to have an agent:
1. Service: your insurance agent offers a personalized approach with face to face interactions and an emergency contact when needed. Our agents will often give customers cell phone numbers and we always have someone on call for emergencies. Online providers may be difficult to reach after business hours or may be a generic call center that doesn't know you personally.
2. Customization: Online policies are limited and are often one-size-fits-all. We know this is NOT the best way to put coverage in place. Our experts use their years of experience to provide the best-priced, customized policy to fit your needs. This includes finding the best insurance company - we work with many carriers!
3. Technology: We love technology and use it all the time in what we do. However, glitches happen. This could be processing your payment multiple times or not sending your insurance documents. You may spend quite a bit of time trying to get in touch with a person to correct the issue. We always have a live person answering the phone - no number prompts for us!
4. Heavy Lifting: What's better - calling someone you know for an answer or relying on the internet to help you? If you have questions about insurance we are always here to help. Don't risk getting bad information from Insurapedia, insurance is always changing and it's our job to stay on top of it. We also do our own education sessions with our clients - we will work with you until you feel comfortable and knowledgeable on what policies you have. No tech skills required!
5. Claims: At the worst moments when you have to file a claim, it's not a good time to try get a robot to do it for you or put it out there and hope it went through. We know it can be a lot to handle! That's why we walk with you every step of the way. There are so many scenarios and details about every situation that it's better to use us as your advocate to get you through instead of fending for yourself.
Remember, we're your friends in the insurance business!