If you've been in an accident involving a deer, take these steps to ensure your safety and that of the animal:
- Move your vehicle to a safe location. If possible, pull over to the side of the road, and turn on your hazard lights.
- If someone is injured, call the police immediately.
- Stay away from the animal! If it is injured, call your local animal control agency, wildlife rehabilitation facility, or police dispatch.
- Document the incident. If it is safe, take photos of the damage to your vehicle.
- If there is significant damage to your vehicle, it is wise to have it towed.
- Contact Your Friends in the Insurance Business at (989) 835-6701.