Follow these tips to keep your household safe from fire hazards this holiday season:
1. Make sure the fire in the fireplace is completely out before going to sleep.
2. Keep flammable items at least three feet from your candles, and put the candelabra on a non-flammable surface.
3. When baking, keep kids and flammable items like kitchen towels away from the oven.
4. Always unplug all the electrical items connected to your tree before leaving home or going to bed.
5. Make an emergency plan to use if there’s a fire in your home.
Don't forget, it you've got valuable goodies under the tree, reach out to Your Friends In The Insurance Business at Midland's Ieuter Insurance Group to add those items to your policy.
For all your insurance needs, visit us at https://www.ieuter.com
Ieuter Insurance Group - 414 Townsend St Midland MI 48640
(Sources: American Red Cross; U.S. Fire Administration; U.S. Product Safety Commission)