Skip to content

Ieuter Insurance Group Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

College students renting apartments/homes need renters insurance

When you sent your student away to college this fall, did you remember to pack renters insurance?

Yes, kids away at college and renting homes or apartments need renters insurance.

Renters insurance is the easiest and most cost effective way to protect both your student’s belongings and liability. If your student has signed a lease, many landlords now require proof of renters insurance coverage prior to occupancy. Even if they haven’t signed a lease, renters insurance is still a must.

Renters insurance will cover personal property on replacement cost and also allows the scheduling of higher value items such as laptop computers and bicycles and gives the most broad, all-risk coverage available.  A renters policy also keeps a claim on your student’s belongings off of your homeowners policy.

Ieuter Insurance Group can help with both in-state and out-of-state renters coverage for your student, all at very reasonable premiums. Contact Your Friends in the Insurance Business today for more information.


For all your insurance needs, visit us at

Ieuter Insurance Group 414 Townsend St Midland MI 48640 (989) 835-6701

Social accounts: